Blogging plus SEO equals success, given that it was implemented right. It will help to remember these SEO mistakes to avoid:
- Buying links. Google immediately flags sites with purchased links for having a suspicious linking activity, especially when your links come from unrelated categories.
- Prioritizing PageRank. Although a higher PageRank can give you better rankings in the SERP, it isn’t the only factor that Google looks into to rank your site. Pay attention to your ROI, analytics, and relevancy too.
- Duplicating content. It’s a common mistake to write almost the same articles and use similar keywords for the same topic, but you can veer away from this by focusing on one original topic and writing a good article about it.
- Focusing more on looks. Overloading your web design with images or graphics will slow it down. It also slows down the crawl rate of the search engine bots. 2014 is about minimalist designs.
- Using automated title tags. New bloggers might use a long title with excessive words, but it’s best to use no more than 60 characters. Title tags should be optimized, so use popular, relevant keywords based from Google Adwords.
- Keyword stuffing. Now, it would be safer to incorporate your keywords naturally into a well-written, informative, and interesting article.
- Writing short posts. You can elaborate more on your topic and interest your readers better to visit you again with longer posts, at least more than 400 words.
- Neglecting the ALT tag. Each picture must have an optimized ALT tag, a descriptive one with your keyword in it.
Hiring professional SEOs will help. Experts would know what SEO mistakes to avoid given they’re broad experience in the industry. Call one now to ensure your blogging success!